Local Church Fellowship is commissioned and empowered by Jesus Christ to make disciples of all nations in partnership with all those who in every place call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
(Matt 28:18-20; Luke 24:45-48; Acts 1:8)
Local Church Fellowship exists to establish and support Biblical, local churches that assemble primarily as households.
Local Church Fellowship hopes to become an ever-expanding network of simple, home-based churches that share resources and accountability in order to be fortified, efficient, and easily multiplied.
- To proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom of God in Jesus Christ.
(Matt 24:14; 28:18-20; Mark 1:14-15; 13:9-10; Luke 24:47; Acts 1:8; 8:12; 10:42-43; 20:21; Rom 1:16; 10:14-15; 2 Cor 5:18-21; Rev 14:6; 1 Chron 16:23-24; Isa 52:7)
- To baptize new disciples into fellowship with God and the Church.
(Matt 28:19; Acts 2:38-39; 8:12; 10:47-48; 18:8; 22:16; Rom 6:3; 1 Cor 12:12-13; Gal 3:26-28; Eph 4:4-6; Col 2:12; 1 Pet 3:21)
- To build up the body of Christ into maturity through a devotion to the Bible and one another.
(Acts 2:42; Rom 12:4-13; 1 Cor 12:7; Eph 2:19-21; 4:11-16; 1 Tim 4:13; 2 Tim 4:1-2; 1 John 1:3)
- To develop and appoint leaders in each Local Church.
(Acts 14:23; Titus 1:5; 2 Tim 2:2)
- To send out missionaries proclaiming the Gospel as a testimony to all nations.
(Matt 24:14; 28:18-20; Mark 13:10; Luke 10:1-2; 24:47; John 10:16; Acts 1:8; 13:47; Rom 10:14-15; Rev 14:6; Gen 12:3; Psalm 96:3; Isa 56:7)
(These directives are not unique to Local Church Fellowship, but Biblically obligatory for every local church.)
- Primary church gathering place: homes (instead of church buildings or campuses)
- Sole ministry focus: disciple-making (If it doesn’t contribute, we don’t do it.)
- Primary church gatherings intended for believers (instead of “seeker"-focused)
- Missionary-launched; Growth by evangelism (small plant teams reaching those outside of the church)
- Intentional efforts to work in partnership with other local churches
(These distinctives set Local Church Fellowship apart from other great churches and networks; We don’t believe that every church has a Biblical mandate to hold these emphases, but based on Biblical principles and our own personal ministry experiences, all of our Local Churches are united in these approaches to ministry.)
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father; through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven, was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became truly human. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come.
Adapted from the Niceno-Constantinopolitan Creed (381 A.D.)
(A more detailed Statement of Fatih is coming soon...)